CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

February 17, 2009

KOKO Crater Hike!

So this week went fast because I actually had appointments set up for interviews at 24 Hour Fitness. I felt uncomfortable their because they kept trying to sell me a membership at the same time they gave me interviews, also I worked out their two days and its soooo small compared to Gold's and it is crowded I did not like it! But its a job. Jobs are obviously limited on a Island....I'm considering waiting tables because in 4 months ill be going home for a while and what other job besides a restaurant will let you leave a month or two after only working 4 and come back to the same position? So we will see! This weekend was a 3 day weekend for JK! Friday we didn't do anything just watched a movie at the house, Saturday was V-Day we exchanged our cards and it was too windy to do what JK had planned I still have no clue what it was, guessing something on a boat. So we just did some shopping, went to lunch and drove around some. (Jimmy Buffett is our V-Day gifts on the 28th)Sunday was a beach day ,and Monday we decided to wake up and hike the koko crater trail. We have passed it multiple times before and said we will do it, Koko Crater is an extinct volcanic crater on the south shore of Oahu, which is more then 1,200 feet high we climbed every foot started at sea level(1,207 big steps)!

See that long trail up the middle of that mountain!!??

All the way to the top we go!

This is about where I blacked out and puked! Felt like someone off the biggest loser! lol


Obviously JK made me keep going we were almost their! he got a lil bit of my head in this pic. The "steps" are really a old rail system from WWII

I made it to the top thank God! so worth this view, looking inside the crater.

US! it was windy up their kinda chilly when you were all wet from sweat.

Man we are up here

That dark mountain all the way in the distance to the left is Diamond Head, Waikiki and Honolulu follow the coast beside it.

Me on the lip of the crater

JK on a bunker


0 comments: